For example the following video is definitely relevant to donation-based development, which can be seen in some free, open source game projects.
AltDevConf 2012 videos have been released under CC-BY license. None of them seem to be directly related to open source but most should still be relevant and apply to flosgame development.
- The Integrated Influence Architecture – Combining Reactive and Deliberative AI for NPC Control by Luke Dicken
- Cross Platform Game Development in C# by Matthieu Laban, Philippe Rollin, and Miguel de Icaza
- Control, Configure, Monitor and View Your Game Engine From the Web by John McCutchan
- Understanding the Second Generation of Behavior Trees and Preparing for Challenges Beyond by Alex Champandard
- Real Time Area Lighting – Now and Next by Sam Martin
- PowerVR Hardware Architecture and Application Performance Guidelines by Gordon MacLauchlan
- Dynamic Global Illumination by Wolfgang Engel, Tim Martin, and Igor Lobanchikov
Design & Production Track
- Centred for Excellence – The Challenges Inside Abertay’s Games Programmes by Ken Fee
- Building Better Rubrics Using Game Design by Ian Schreiber
- Educating the Next Gen. by Alex Darby
- More than Software and Theory by Heather Decker-Davis
Beyond this post, these videos will continue to be available under the official AltDevConf YouTube Channel!
- Intro to Producing for Mobile: how to “go indie”, actually ship an app, and not die by Evangeline Marzec
- “Scrum Bowling” : Agile Production Methodology for Indie Teams and Student Projects by Margaret Moser
- How to create a positive online game developer community by Ryan Arndt
- Effective PR, Marketing, and Community Management in the Indie Games Space by Erik Johnson
- Operant Conditioning in MMORPG’s by Mike Grimes
- Game Over! Exit Strategies for Persistent Games by Ian Schreiber
- Junk Master Series, Design Approaches, Issues, and Best practices by Wasin Thonkaew